IP-Screen is a free online service provided by Sheldon Mak & Anderson, a California IP law firm. BUT the services provided on the IP-Screen website do not make us your attorneys, and do not constitute legal advice. For any legal advice or legal services, please contact a licensed lawyer.
- IP-Screen.com provides an easy way for the user to quickly screen, by entity name, the U.S. intellectual property owned by the entity. IP-Screen acts only as a conduit to make doing a particular type of search in third party (public access) databases perhaps easier. However, we do not maintain any of the databases being searched, and so we have no idea whether the data you are searching is kept accurate, current or up-to-date. IP-Screen not provide any advice, legal or otherwise. If you need legal advice for your specific problem, you should consult a licensed attorney.
- IP-Screen is our home, and you the user is here as our guest. IP-Screen reserves all rights to refuse access to anyone for any reason or no reason at all.
- Use of certain portions of the Site or the Services requires opening an account. You must provide complete and accurate information as requested on the registration form. You will also be asked to provide a user name and password. You are entirely responsible for the maintaining the confidentiality of your password. You may not use a third party's account, user name or password at any time. You agree to notify IP-Screen immediately of any unauthorized use of your account, user name or password. IP-Screen shall not be liable for any losses you incur as a result of someone else's use of your account or password, either with or without your knowledge. You may be held liable for any losses incurred by IP-Screen, our affiliates, officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents and representatives due to someone else's use of your account or password.
- Ownership. This Site is owned and operated by Sheldon Mak & Anderson PC (a California IP law firm), doing business as IP-Screen. All right, title and interest in and to the materials provided on this Site, including but not limited to information, documents, logos, graphics, sounds and images (the "Materials") are owned either by IP-Screen or by respective third party authors, developers or vendors ("Third Party Providers"). Except as otherwise expressly provided by IP-Screen, none of the Materials may be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, uploaded, posted, displayed, transmitted or distributed in any way and nothing on this Site shall be construed to confer any license under any of IP-Screen's intellectual property rights, whether by estoppel, implication or otherwise. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved by IP-Screen.
- Intellectual Property. When accessing IP-Screen or using IP-Screen's legal document preparation Service, you agree to obey the law and you agree to respect the intellectual property rights of others. Your use of the Service and the Site is at all times is governed by and subject to laws regarding copyright, trademark and other intellectual property ownership. You agree not to upload, download, display, perform, transmit or otherwise distribute any information or content in violation of any third party's copyrights, trademarks or other intellectual property or proprietary rights. You agree to abide by laws regarding copyright ownership and use of intellectual property, and you shall be solely responsible for any violations of any relevant laws and for any infringements of third party rights caused by any content you provide or transmit or that is provided or transmitted using your IP-Screen user account. All Site design, text, graphics, the selection and arrangement thereof, Copyright 2011 Sheldon Mak & Anderson. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. IP-SCREEN and IP-SCREEN.COM, and the logos and custom icons are trademarks and service marks of Sheldon Mak & Anderson doing business as IP-SCREEN. All other trademarks, product names and trade names or logos on this Site are the property of their respective owners.
- Links to Third Party Sites. This Site may contain links to Web sites controlled by parties other than IP-Screen (each a "Third Party Site"). IP-Screen does not endorse any of these sites, and IP-Screen is not responsible for and does not endorse or accept any responsibility for the availability, contents, products, services or use of any Third Party Site, any Web site accessed from a Third Party Site or any changes or updates to such sites. IP-Screen provides these links to you only as a convenience. You bear all risks associated with access to and use of content provided on a Third Party Site and agree that IP-Screen is not responsible for any loss or damage of any sort you may incur from dealing with a third party.
- If you have a complaint about the behavior or posts of another user, it is your responsibility to attempt to resolve the conflict, typically by contacting that person directly, if possible. Normally, IP-Screen staff will not take a role in mediating conflicts between you and other users. IP-Screen does not take responsibility for your behavior or that of other users. Notwithstanding the foregoing, if such a complaint or conflict arises, the user or users may request that IP-Screen moderator intervene and attempt to resolve any such dispute. Any such request is not a guarantee that a moderator will (i) intervene, (ii) intervene in a timely manner, (iii) resolve the dispute in favor of one party or the other or (iv) successfully resolve the situation. The decision to intervene rests with IP-Screen, in our sole and absolute discretion.
- NO WARRANTY. THE SITE AND ALL MATERIALS PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH YOUR USE OF THE SITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IP-SCREEN EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. IP-SCREEN MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT: (A) THE SITE OR THE MATERIALS WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (B) THE SITE OR THE MATERIALS WILL BE AVAILABLE ON AN UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE BASIS; (C) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SITE, OR ANY MATERIALS OFFERED THROUGH THE SITE, WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE; OR (D) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION OR OTHER MATERIAL OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SITE OR IN RELIANCE ON THE MATERIALS WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS. ANY USE OF THE SITE IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND AT YOUR OWN RISK. IP-SCREEN SHALL HAVE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY DATA, MATERIALS OR INFORMATION.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. IN NO EVENT SHALL IP-SCREEN, OUR OWNERS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGE (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF BUSINESS, REVENUE, PROFITS, USE, DATA OR OTHER ECONOMIC ADVANTAGE), HOWEVER IT MAY ARISE, WHETHER IN AN ACTION ON CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORT, OR ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THIS SITE OR MATERIALS AVAILABLE FROM THIS SITE, EVEN IF IP-SCREEN HAS BEEN PREVIOUSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE. YOU ASSUME ALL RISKS FOR USE OF MATERIALS AND SERVICES FROM THIS SITE. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- Indemnification. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless IP-Screen, our officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents from and against any and all claims, liabilities, damages, losses or expenses, including reasonable attorneys' fees and costs, arising out of or in any way connected with your access to or use of the Site and the Materials.
- IP-Screen has a policy that provides for the timely removal of any content, article or materials that have infringed on the rights of IP-Screen or of a third party or that violate intellectual property rights generally. IP-Screen's policy is to remove such infringing content or materials and investigate such allegations immediately.